Founder of The Global Institute of Children’s Mental Health and
Dr. Roseann is an Integrative Children’s Mental Health Expert and founder of The Global Institute of Children’s Mental Health.
She is a Connecticut Certiﬁed School Psychologist, Board Certiﬁed Neurofeedback Provider (BCN), and the podcast host of the “It’s Gonna be Ok!™ with Dr. Roseann”: The parenting resource for children's behavior and mental health.
For 30+ years, she has helped thousands of children and families overcome the most challenging behavioral and mental health conditions through her BrainBehaviorReset™ program. She has done over 10,000 QEEG brain maps and is named by Forbes as, “The thought leader in children’s mental health.”
As Seen On:
As a trusted media personality, Dr. Roseann has given expert opinions in hundreds of major publications such as the New York Times, The Washington Post, Parents Magazine, National Television, and podcasts.
She has authored three books that focus on improving children’s mental health, It’s Gonna Be OK!, Brain Under Attack, and The Teletherapy Toolkit—the first book ever written on teletherapy activities for children and teens.
Dr. Roseann is a national speaker on topics related to calming the brain and achieving mental wellness at home, school, organizations, and businesses. She believes we are making mental health way too hard and that every individual has the power to cultivate mental well-being when they have the right brain-based tools.
As a mom of two special needs boys...
she understands what it’s like to see her children struggle. Dr. Roseann takes great joy in empowering parents and helping families find calm, experience lasting relief, and lead happy lives.
We believe that no matter what the stressors are, we can calm the brain to live successful, more focused, and happy lives.
To change the way we view and treat mental health, showing people it's gonna be ok with science-backed tools that improve well-being.
What We Do
For some, deciding to seek help is the hard part. But for most parents, finding the “right” help is a much more difficult task. This is where we come in.
Dr. Roseann and our team specialize in integrative science-backed solutions for children’s behavior and mental health.
We take great pride in being the last place struggling kids and families have to go to. With us, you receive brain-based tools and personalized care that you won’t find anywhere else.
Our one-to-one BrainBehaviorReset™ program takes a no-guesswork approach for resolving symptoms, calming the brain, and regulating behavior.
We use ONLY the best of what science has shown us to work in achieving mental wellness and creating lasting change (QEEG-Brain Mapping, Neurofeedback, CALM PEMF™, Neurotastic™ supplements, and evidence-based therapies).
No distance is too far for us! Our team works in-person or remotely with children, adolescents, teens, and families worldwide.
Wherever you are in your journey, we can guide you with the right solutions at the right time in the right order.
Our areas of expertise
ADHD and Executive Functioning
PANS/PANDAS, Lyme and Tick-borne diseases
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Mood and Behavior Disorders
Family & Organization Mental Wellness
Why children and families love working with Dr. Roseann
Get to know Dr. Roseann better
- Ed.D., C.A.G.S. & M.A. in Educational Psychology from American International College
- B.A. in Psychology from Central Connecticut State University
- Connecticut Certified School Psychologist
- Connecticut Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Board Certified in Neurofeedback (BCN)
- Certified Integrative Mental Health Professional (CIMHP)
- Amen Clinic Certified Brain Health Coach
- Mapped over 10,000 QEEG brain scans
- Founder of The Global Institute of Children's Mental Health
- For 30+ years, she has helped thousands of families calm the brain, achieve lasting relief and lead happy lives
- Host of the podcast, “It’s Gonna be OK!™ with Dr. Roseann: The Parenting Resource for Children's Behavior and Mental Health.
- Has one of the largest databases of PANS, PANDAS, and autoimmune diseases
- Professional speaker on pediatric development, corporate wellness, mental health, and neurofeedback.
- Author of three highly acclaimed books on mental health. Wrote the first book ever written on teletherapy activities for children and teens, The Teletherapy Toolkit
- Dr. Roseann is raising two wonderful boys – one was diagnosed with dyslexia, the other with PANS. Knowing what it’s like to see her children struggle, she is passionate about connecting and helping families like hers.
- She is happily married to her best friend and college sweetheart.
- Meow meow. She’s also a mom to two furry cats!
- She’s Italian! Which means her kitchen is always busy. Her family and friends say they always have their best meals at her house (watch out for our recipes!).
- She loves to write. She can spend hours (even days and weeks) writing books, blogs, and research on brain science.
- She can talk for hours about children’s mental health. She spreads messages of hope and science in her Podcast “It’s Gonna be Ok!™ with Dr. Roseann”
- The best way to personally connect with Dr. Ro is by joining our exclusive Natural Parenting Facebook Group (hope to see you inside!)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
- Northeast Biofeedback Society (NRBS)
- International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR)
- The Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB)
- International OCD Foundation (IOCDF)
- International Lyme and Associated Disease Society (ILADS)
- Seen on dozens of media outlets including the New York Times, BBC, Washington Post, FORBES, NBC News, Today.com, Cheddar TV, CBS LA, CBS NY, PIX11, CT News 30
- Brain-behavior expert guest at The Mel Robbins Show
- 2020 Mindshare Health Community Up and Comer Award for Global Health Impact
- FORBES called her, “A thought leader in children’s mental health.”
- New York Times Handling Your Kid’s Disappointment When Everything Is Canceled
- Today How to keep your kids physically and mentally afloat during quarantine
- Reader’s Digest 12 Silent Signs of Adult ADHD You Might Be Ignoring
- Very Well Mind New Research Highlights Key Differences Among Autistic Boys and Girls
- Insider What is OCD? Symptoms, causes, and treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder
- Forbes EFT Tapping: What You Need To Know
- CNN What’s going on in your mind matters. Changing your expectations can mean more success, experts say
- Washington Post Worried about your kids’ screen time? Check your own first.
- Mom Brain Podcast Changing the Way We Treat and View Children's Mental Health With Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge
- Wellness Mama Podcast Dr. Roseann on How to Develop Resilience and Support Kids With ADHD, OCD, LD, or PANS/PANDAS Kids
- Everyday Wellness Podcast Optimizing Mental Health With Myo-Inositol: Evidence-Based Strategies