Best ADHD Podcasts for Parents
Are you looking for resources for your child with ADHD? Or are you looking for resources for your teen with ADHD? Are you looking for a good ADHD podcast?
When you have a child or teen with ADHD, you are always looking for ways to help your ADHD child! Parenting a child with ADHD isn't easy and ADHD is hard on your child too. Children with ADHD struggle with regulating their brain, controlling their impulses and attention and of course feel a lot of shame.
Well, Dr. Roseann is all about science-backed solutions for kids with ADHD. Did you know that there are safe and effective alternatives to ADHD medication? You may be thinking, “How can I calm my ADHD child without medication?” That is what Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge’s™ work is all about. She teaches parents all over the world in her Ridgefield, CT center both in person and virtually about natural treatments for ADHD. And guess what, as her bestselling book, “It’s Gonna Be OK!™, she shows you all the research for natural alternatives to Adderall, Concerta, and Ritalin.
Dr. Roseann is often featured as an ADHD expert podcast authority, which means that she is a sought after speaker on many podcasts (and of course television too!) on a variety of topics related to children's mental health. And podcasts are a great way to get valuable information that can help your kid. There are some great ADHD podcasts you must follow to get practical tips about raising kids with ADHD.
Dr. Roseann’s Top 5 ADHD Podcasts for Parents
Listen to these podcasts to learn more about reducing symptoms of ADHD in children and teens:
Whether you're parenting a child or teen ADHD or they have combined issues such as ADHD and anxiety, these podcasts are top ADHD resources for parents.
- Royah Loie, the host of Insider Mom, had Dr. Roseann on her podcast to talk about the evidence-based therapies to reduce and reverse the symptoms of ADHD such as Biofeedback, Neurofeedback, supplements, nutrition, and psychotherapy. Dr. Roseann describes the strategies that she used during her client success stories in her three decades working in the mental health industry. More specifically, she goes into great detail about the patient that started it all in Dr. Roseann’s interest in Neurofeedback, a treatment that has been around since the 1960’s and Dr. Roseann has used with thousands of clients to treat ADHD, anxiety, OCD, depression, concussion, learning issues, and a variety of clinical issues.
- Aaron Hartman, MD had Dr. Roseann as a guest on his integrative health podcast in hopes of spreading the word about how proven holistic therapies can help kids and their families regulate their brain and bodies. They dive into why holistic therapies aren't well known or used and why Dr. Roseann is on a mission to change what the world thinks of natural healing, so more kids can be successful at school, home, and socially. Dr. Roseann formed The Global Institute of Child’s Mental Health in January of 2020 because she is on a mission to change the way we view and treat children’s mental health. She shares with parents that there are many natural, safe, and effective tools for struggling kids and medication and talk therapy aren’t the only tools in the tool box. Dr. Roseann details how and why physical and mental issues benefit from neurofeedback and other holistic therapies and wants parents to consider these powerful and evidence based tools for clinical issues such as ADHD, Lyme Disease, PANS/PANDAS, OCD, anxiety, etc. Dr. Roseann also explains that the early behaviors associated with many clinical issues are often missed and result in a compounding of issues.
- On the Wellness Mama Podcast, Dr. Roseann explains why children's mental health issues have been on the rise over the past few years and even more so during the pandemic. Children’s stress levels are rising and contributing to the global increase in clinical issues such as anxiety. Some of the factors affecting the mental health of our children today are increased academic work and pressures, parenting styles with a trend toward “bubble wrap parenting”, and Physiological factors. The physiological factors include nutrition deficiencies and dehydration. She describes these factors in great detail in her book It’s Gonna Be Ok! ™ with her 8 Pillars of mental health symptom reduction and reversal. This is why Dr. Roseann has made it her purpose to show parents #ItsGonnaBeOK when they take one action to change to their child’s mental health.
- On Light From the Rabbit Hole podcast, Dawn interviews Dr. Roseann about how our mental health system is broken and what we can do to help our struggling skids. Dr. Roseann explains why she is working so hard to teach parents about natural solutions for anxiety, ADHD, and other clinical issues so kids and their families can get more effective help sooner. They talk about the science behind holistic treatments and why tools such as QEEG and neurofeedback are so powerful in calming the nervous system and why that is critical for all learning and for psychotherapy to be effective. How nutritional deficiencies or genetic mutations impact the brain and behavior, as well as how medications can even worsen your child’s symptoms is reviewed in this can’t miss episode.
- On the Special Education Inner Circle podcast Catherine Whitcher and Dr. Roseann discuss how today’s education is affecting children’s mental health, as well as how the pandemic is impacting kid’s learning and mental health today. What parents, teachers, and schools can do to proactively support students and how teachers need self-care is part of this great episode. How stress impacts kid’s attention in the classroom and at home is discussed.
Looking for more ways to support a child with ADHD? Check out these blogs:
Are you looking for resources for your child’s or teen’s ADHD?
Boy, the world is stressful right now (and it has been for a long time!). Of course, you are worried about your child’s stress level! You want to see them SUCCEED and be confident. Your child may be struggling with focus, stress, mood, behavior, emotions, or socially and you aren’t sure what to do about it and you feel STUCK… Well, Dr. Roseann is here to show you how to GET UNSTUCK and cultivate success in small and big ways!
As a licensed therapist and certified psychologist, as well as a special needs mom herself, Dr. Roseann knows what it is like to search for ways to help your child’s attention, learning, and behavior and still see your child struggle. So, if you’ve gone down the Google MD and ineffective medication and therapy rabbit hole, it is time to get support from Dr. Ro who can help you help your child to be focused, calm, and feel good about themselves.
Always remember… “Calm Brain, Happy Family™”
Are you looking for SOLUTIONS for your struggling child or teen?
Dr. Roseann and her team are all about solutions, so you are in the right place!
There are 3 ways to work with Dr. Roseann:
You can get her books for parents and professionals, including: It’s Gonna Be OK™: Proven Ways to Improve Your Child’s Mental Health, Teletherapy Toolkit™ and Brain Under Attack: A Resource For Parents and Caregivers of Children With PANS, PANDAS, and Autoimmune Encephalopathy.
If you are a business or organization that needs proactive guidance to support employee mental health or an organization looking for a brand representative, check out Dr. Roseann’s media page and professional speaking page to see how we can work together.
Dr. Roseann is a Children’s Mental Health Expert and Therapist who has been featured in/on hundreds of media outlets including, CBS, NBC, FOX News, PIX11 NYC, The New York Times, The Washington Post,, Business Insider, USA Today, CNET, Marth Stewart, and PARENTS. FORBES called her, “A thought leader in children’s mental health.”
She is the founder and director of The Global Institute of Children’s Mental Health and Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge. Dr. Roseann is a Board Certified Neurofeedback (BCN) Practitioner, a Board Member of the Northeast Region Biofeedback Society (NRBS), Certified Integrative Medicine Mental Health Provider (CMHIMP) and an Amen Clinic Certified Brain Health Coach. She is also a member of The International Lyme Disease and Associated Disease Society (ILADS), The American Psychological Association (APA), Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR) and The Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB).
© Roseann-Capanna-Hodge, LLC 2023
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to give health advice and it is recommended to consult with a physician before beginning any new wellness regime. *The effectiveness of diagnosis and treatment vary by patient and condition. Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge, LLC does not guarantee certain results.